Last weekend we celebrated Drew's 14th year of living independently with a wonderful day of activity and great food!
We met at Undersea Gardens and enjoyed an interesting show about local marine life with a live diver. Although Drew was the main attraction of the day, the octopus was the star of this show! Undersea Gardens was a great choice for our Network and was enjoyed by our whole group.
Next we went to Santiago's Mexican restaurant for a lovely afternoon of food and laughter.
Thank you to everyone for making an effort to be there. Was great to all be together with Drew - Gerry, Cathy & Larry, Sarah, Colin, Taylor, Kate and her new glasses and Kaiah (who may be the happiest baby ever!). Was so special to have Dan's mom, Dee, who is visiting from London, join us for this celebration. Missed you Trudi, Norman and Paula - and of course Patricia and Alistair!
I can not think of a better reason to celebrate than Drew's many years of successfully living independently, and am already looking forward to next years festivities!
Thanks Micayla! and everyone who continues to celebrate these important milestones with Drew!
ReplyDeleteIts also a fitting occasion to celebrate his network of friends for without you this milestone wouldn't be possible!
Its lovely to see our littlest members Kate and Kaiah and Dan's mom all the way from London join the celebration.
Patricia
And..not to mention Taylor who started out as a littlest member and is rapidly becoming a long standing one! Thanks for helping Drew celebrate Taylor!
ReplyDeleteJust scrolling through the blog its more than clear how much Drew's friendships enrich his life.
ReplyDeleteThe blog is turning out to be a good way to gather good memories for Drew to return to again and again. I hope if you read this you will consider joining in as a contributor, the more the merrier and the bigger the story!!
Thanks
I agree Patricia. I love the blog!
ReplyDeleteGreat Pic...although apparently Taylor couldn't put his food down for it! lol
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time- the kids loved Undersea Gardens. Although as usual Colin and I swore we were never going to go out to a restaurant with children ever again- haha. I hope Drew had a good time!