Friday, March 19, 2010

Drew's Skating Party

On Sunday we celebrated Drew's 12th Anniversary of living independently (amazing!) by going for hot cocoa and skating at the Oak Bay Rec Center. Dan I picked Drew up and we all headed over to the Rec Center with our friends Lucas and Charlie Ann. Shortly after we were joined by Cathy and her Mother, Trudy, Gerri, and Bob and Jinu. It was so wonderful to have everyone together celebrating Drew and his accomplishments. We all missed Sarah, Colin and the kids and are wishing Taylor a quick recovery and looking forward to seeing them soon.

Drew, myself, Lucas and Charlie Ann could not wait to get on the ice. I had not been skating in years and was surprised to find that I am still pretty good at it. Drew is an excellent skater. He was a bit nervous at first, but with each lap around the rink he became more comforable and at ease. Drew and I are definitely going to be going skating together again soon! But it might no be as much fun without smiling faces like Cathy, Trudy, Gerri, Bob, and especially Jinu cherring us on from the side lines. And, Dan has agreed that he will learn to skate if I learn to drive a manual car so you can expect to see him on the ice sometime soon!

It was a wonderful afternoon celebrating Drew. I am already looking forward to the party for year 13!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Micayla, its great. I love having a record of all the special occasions
    How do you like the picture of Drew with Bob's vaccum? He loves to be helpful!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete